The Diploma of Project Management is targeted towards individuals with existing project management knowledge or some experience.
The program will provide the skills to manage projects and participants will learn to lead teams, and over time, be able to manage larger and more complex projects. On completion participants will have the skills and knowledge to initiate, plan, deliver and close projects.
Participants will gain a broad knowledge and develop skills in:
- Cost management
- Managing project scope
- Quality management
- Human resources management
- Managing project communication
- Managing project procurement
The course requires classroom attendance one day per week for 7 weeks with approximately 3 hours per week additional reading and research.
The Diploma of Project Management requires a total of 12 units of competency to be completed.
- BSBPMG511A Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512A Manage project time
- BSBPMG513A Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514A Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515A Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516A Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517A Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521A Manage project integration
- BSBPMG518A Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG519A Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPMG520A Manage project governance
- SBWOR502B Ensure team effectiveness
Participants will undertake a series of assignments based on the work they undertake in their workplace. The assignments and coursework will provide the necessary evidence for the competencies included in the National Competency Standards.